Jay Adams reminds us how wonderful it is to be a husband and a father. He also points out that with this wonderful privilege comes great responsibility. I pray the following material will encourage us as men to truly be the leader that God is asking us to be.
Remember….We can do it because he has already done it. Cling to the Gospel and lead your home.
(Jay Adams, Christian Living in the Home, P&R Publishing)
“If love has grown cold in your family, husband, you must do something about it. If you are going to emulate the love of Jesus Christ for His church, it is up to you to initiate love… Jesus loved us when we had no love for Him. You are the head of your home. If there is little or no love in that home, it is your fault. God holds you responsible to introduce love. You must do that by giving.”
“To be like Jesus Christ in relationship to your wife is an enormous order to fill. You are to be the head of your home, including your wife, just as Christ is the head of the church. When you fail, you not only fail your wife, you also fail to represent your Lord’s love for His church. That is why your task is such a solemn one. When you fail to reflect Him in your marriage, you damage His name. You are called to show forth Jesus Christ by the leadership that you exercise in your home.”
- Do I know what is going on in my home from day to day?
- Am I in control of what is happening; indeed, am I leading the family in the direction in which it is moving?
- Can I control my children and my wife?
- Do I truly love my wife (by giving of myself to her), as I should? How am I demonstrating this?
- Do I assume responsible leadership over my family?