Who is wise among us?…..A test to check our heart.
I thought it would be a good idea to provide this outline as we continue our study in James on Sunday mornings. I found this study in my 1 John file and made some changes and tweaked it a bit. It is a great “test” we can take on a regular basis to see what kind of condition our heart is in.
James 3:13 “Who is wise and understanding among you? By his conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.”
1. Do I enjoy having fellowship with Christ and His redeemed people? (1 John 1:3)
- I love my daily walk with Christ
- I love being in fellowship with other believers
2. Would people say I walk in the light, or walk in the darkness? (1 John 1:6-7)
- A great question to ask your co-workers, class mates, and family members.
3. Do you admit and confess your sin? (1 John 1:8)
- We should daily become more like Christ and less like us. DAILY SANCTIFICATION
4. Am I obedient to God’s Word? (1 John 2:3-5)
- I love it, read it, meditate on it, and live it out.
5. Does my life indicate I love God rather than the world? (1 John 2:15)
- I spend time doing the things I love.
- What is it that I set my schedule on to accomplish?
- What am I passionate about?
6. Is my life characterized by “doing what is right”? (1 John 2:29)
- What I do is what I am.
7. Do I seek to maintain a pure life? (1 John 3:3)
- Pure by God’s standards, not by the World’s.
8. Do I see a decreasing pattern of sin in my life? (1 John 3:5-6)
- None of us are ever going to be perfect, but we should strive to put some distance between our imperfections.
9. Do I demonstrate love for other Christians? (1 John 3:14)
- He loved me when I was unlovable. Surely I can learn to love others.
10. Do I “walk the walk,” versus just “talking the talk”? (1 John 3:18-19)
- Most of us have all the lingo down, but do we truly live it out?
11. Do I have confidence before God? (1 John 3:21)
- I can daily say that “I am His and my life is a life of trying to live for His Glory.”
12. Do I display the fruits of someone who has the Spirit of God dwelling within them? (1 John4:12-13)
- Our life is an abundance of the over flow of who we are on the inside. (The Fruits of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22)
13. Do I experience victory in my Christian walk? (1 John 5:4)
- Faith is the victory!!! I can do it, because HE HAS DONE IT.
Structure and idea for outline was taken from http://www.gotquestions.org (Signs of saving faith)