C0mplain, Complain, Complain.
We sure are people that love to complain. I hope as we look over the list we will begin to see how our complaining has much to do with our understanding of God and His rule over our life. I am thankful for the Word and its convicting power!!!
A 12 Point Cure for Complaining:
Christian Communicators Worldwide
1. God commands me never to complain (Phil. 2:14).
2. God commands me to give thanks in every circumstance (1 Thess. 5:18).
3. God commands me to rejoice always, and especially in times of trial (1 Thess. 5:16; Jas. 1:2).
4. I always deserve much worse than what I am suffering now, in fact, I deserve hell (Lam. 3:39; Luke. 13:2-3).
5. In light of the eternal happiness and glory that I will experience in heaven, this present trial is extremely brief and insignificant, even if it were to last a lifetime (Rom. 8:18; 2 Cor. 4:19).
6. My suffering is far less than that which Christ suffered, and He did not complain (1 Pet. 2:23).
7. To complain is to say God is not just (Gen. 18:25).
8. Faith and prayer exclude complaining (Psalm. 34:4).
9. This difficulty is being used by God for my good and it is foolish for me to complain against it (Rom. 8:28).
10. Those more faithful than I have suffered far worse than I, and did so without complaint (Heb. 11:35-39). 11. Complaining denies that God’s grace is entirely sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9).
12. The greatest suffering, the worst trial or difficulty, can never rob me of that which is of greatest value to me and my greatest joy, namely the love of Christ (Rom. 8:35-39).