Is our life making a difference? Is what we are doing with our life making a difference for the Kingdom of God? Is our church making a difference? Is what we are doing as a church making a difference for the Kingdom of God?
I think these are great self examining questions, both individually and corporately as a church. Over the next several weeks at First Baptist Church of Avon Park we are going to be real and honest with ourselves and as a church and answer these questions.
The Church – Our Foundation
(Merriam-Webster – a usually stone or concrete structure that supports a building from underneath)
What is our foundation? What are the principles and truths that we are building upon? What are the truths that support our ministries and principles? Here are just a few of the foundational principles that we should allow to guide and direct our life as a church and as a believer.
Genesis 1:1, 1 Chronicles 29:10-12, Revelation 4:11, Romans 1:18-20, Proverbs 21:1, Genesis 50:19, Isaiah 55:6-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- Who he is. What He has done. What He is now doing.
2 Tim. 3:16-17, Psalm 119:89, Isaiah 40:8, Jeremiah 15:16, John 17:17, Acts 20:32, 1 Peter 2:2
- The infallible and inerrant Word of God. Our guiding authority in regards to all matters of faith and life. The absolute truth of God and who He is.
John 3:16, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:8, Acts 3:19, Romans 10:9-13
- Sinners saved by grace through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ as the only true message of hope, peace, and joy.
- The only message that saves and sanctifies.
The Lordship of Jesus Christ
Colossians 1:1-23, Philippians 1:27
- His Lordship…rule and reign over all creation, including my life and His Church.
The importance of the Local Church
- The set apart group of people that God is using to establish His Kingdom throughout the World.