Growing through our trials and sufferings
Phil. 1:29 “For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.”
Trials and Suffering will come. This is expected.
Belief = Suffering
James 1:2-4 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
Trials and Sufferings are needed – Bring it on!
- Joy – More than just happiness. A eternal peace, not an external reaction.
- Various trials – many will come
- Testing of FAITH. Faith = Trust. When we suffer our trust is challenged.
- Produces patience produces a perfect work
- Perfect/Complete – lacking nothing
Rom. 5:3-5 “And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character, and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”
Trials and suffering should lead us to glory and hope in Him
- Tribulation produces
- Hope – Because of what we have in the Lord
- Hope is that futuristic event that WILL happen.
- WE CAN DO IT BECAUSE HE HAS DONE IT!!!