1 Peter 5:4-14
The true grace of God in the midst of sufferings and trials
12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you,exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it.
True Grace – A life of Submission
Submission to one another (1 Peter 2:13-3:12)
- In society, the work place and in the home. We need to realize that our relationship with others in a direct reflection of our relationship with God.
Submission to His lordship
- He is Lord of the Universe. Submit to His Lordship in your life. LOVE HIM AND LOVE LIVING OF HIM.
True Grace – A life of Readiness
Be not fearful, but confident
- A biblical confidence. I know that there is a devil, but I also know what took place on Calvary. The devil lost….we give him too much credit.
We have an enemy, but we are on the attack
- Respect the enemy
- Psalm 91:3 – Fowler (quiet sneaky)
- 2 Cor. 11:14 – Angel of light (good, right, masquerades as truth))
- 1 Peter – Lion, roaring….Seeking to devour
- Recognize the enemy – He is a liar, pretender, and deceiver
- 1 John 2:18-27
- Resist the enemy– He is the enemy, but he is a defeated foe. RESIST…STAND FIRM IN THE TRUE GRACE. We can do it, because God has done it!
We are not alone – Others have gone before us and Christ is walking with us.
True Grace – A life of Hope
Hope because of Grace
- 1 Peter 1:2 & 10; 1 Peter 2:3; 1 Peter 4:10
- Grace=Favor. His grace is sufficient. Our hope is in His grace.
Hope because of Glory
- 1 peter 1:4– inheritance….all the riches of heaven!
- 1 Peter 4:13-16 – Suffering is the road to Glory. Jesus and the walk to Calvary…Via Doloroso
- We know our present suffering is only for a while
Hope because of our growing character
- Restore/to make perfect. Fit together perfectly for His Glory.
- Confirm/Stablish. Set fast.
- Strengthen – Will meet the demands of life. We have the strength to do s0
- Establish/Settle – lay a foundation. Grounded settled like a foundation.
God uses different tools to build our character
- Suffering tool
- The Word of God is another tool 2 Tim. 3:16-17
- He also uses the fellowship and ministry of the church Eph. 4:11-16
MAKE US PERFECT…BUILDING OUR CHARACTER