Enough: Colossians and the Supremacy of Christ in the Church
A journey through the book of Colossians
6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
What does it mean to “walk in Him.” It means that we know Him, we are growing in our relationship with Him, and we are living our life for Him. Here we see 4 key words that will allow us to embrace a life that we are truly WALKING IN HIM.
Conversion – A genuine repentance and faith
- Sorrow over sin – 2 Cor. 7:10.
- Desire for a changed life – repentance
- Come to Christ – Faith
- We must…Hear, Understand, Acknowledge, Respond
- 2 Cor. 5:16-21
- Involves a life change. From dead to alive.
Lordship –An acknowledgment and submission to His Lordship
- If His supremacy is over creation and the church, then why do we reason it does not apply to our life?
- He is not Savior and then later He can become Lord. HE IS SAVIOR AND LORD.
- Our relationship with Christ should be the most important aspect of our life. HE SHOULD BE OVER EVERYTHING. We can have things that are important, but He needs to be the MOST important.
- Not job or family or hobbies…BUT JESUS!
Growth – A life of spiritual growth
- Discernment, stability, productivity (meaning and purpose. This is what a growing life should look like.
- Rooted and built up – Tree and building
- Established – Firm in the FAITH
- Completed, yet on-going. – as you were taught….
- Progression – On-going
- Discipline – Effort
- Grace – God has already given us all we need. Embrace who we are in Christ.
Worship – An abounding life of thanksgiving
- What a picture…..
- OUR LIFE DECLARING……THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!