A New Year…A More Mature Me
FBC Avon Park – Pastor Jon Beck
Philippians 1:27 – “Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.”
2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.
- Do I spend daily time in the Bible and in prayer? Do I meditate on the things of the Lord throughout the day?
- Do I enjoy corporate worship within the body of Christ? Is my church attendance consistent? Am I involved with a group of believers that are encouraging me to grow and change daily?
- Have my thoughts been pure? Do I expose myself to things that are not holy and pleasing to the Lord?
- Have I been completely above reproach in my financial dealings? Is my giving to the Lord’s Church a direct reflection of His daily provision and blessings upon my life?
- Have I spent quality relationship time with my family and friends?
- Do I do 100% of my best at my job, school, and etc?
- Have I told any half-truths or outright lies, putting myself in a better light than those around me?
- Have I tried to encourage someone with the message of Christ this week? Do I regularly invite people to church? When was the last time I told someone my STORY?
- Have I taken care of my body through physical exercise which includes proper eating and sleeping habits?
- Have I allowed any person or circumstances to rob me of my joy?
- Am I actively serving the Lord with my life? Is my life making a difference to those around me?
- Is my greatest desire in life to live for and please the Lord? Is living for the glory of God what motivates my thought and decision-making process?
(Adapted from – http://www.characterthatcounts.org/accountqmensnew.html)