My sermon notes from Sunday, January 15th as we continue our study through Titus. Remember, these are my study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. To see the sermon each week please visit http://www.fbcap.net.
Who are we? People of Grace – Titus 2:11-15
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.
15 Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.
The work of grace PRESENTLY – NOW
- Grace appeared
- Through Jesus, through the Gospel
- For all people.
- Who can be saved? Anyone who will respond in saving faith to the Gospel message.
- BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
- Grace transforms
- Savior and Lord BOTH
- Stay away from the extremes. JUST BELIEVE…WORKS/DUTY
- Eph 2:8. Worship=Service=Ministry
- We are saved to live. We are saved to follow. We are saved to serve.
- Training us. From the inside out
- Heart and mind
- Progressive, ongoing, always working.
The work of grace FUTURISTICALLY
- The best is yet to come.
- This is just a taste
- OUR blessed Hope…in the future. Will happen.
- KEYS TO WAITING….Patience, Purpose, Perseverance
- The GLORY of OUR great God and Savior Jesus Christ
- Words and feeling cannot describe that great day!
The work of grace POSITIONALLY
- Past: delivered from sin’s penalty
- Present: delivered from sin’s power
- Future: delivered from sin’s presence
- Jesus redeems
- Jesus purifies
- Sin makes us guilty & dirty.
- Grace makes us innocent & clean.
- Jesus possess
- Jesus sends
The work of grace EMPHATICALLY
- Declare this things!!!!!
- What we believe. THE TRUTH
- How do we?
- Exhort – teach, be an example, come along side
- How to live. The good. The doing
- What is wrong. The bad. Stay way from.
- With courage, conviction, and Christ-confidence.
- Speaking the truth will not always be popular. It will be always necessary.