My sermon notes for Sunday night, June 10th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. To see the sermon each week or subscribe to the weekly sermon podcast please visit http://www.fbcap.net
The Holy Spirit – So Great A Salvation
The Trinity and our salvation
Have we ever thought what an incredible BIG DEAL our salvation is? Have we ever considered the grace filled, super natural, love inspired change that takes place in one’s heart and life when they become a child of God?
This is what is taking place form the heavenlies when one is “born again”
The Father’s work
The Son’s work
The Spirit’s work
God and Man’s work
The Holy Spirit and salvation (more specific)
He directs and enables evangelistic efforts
- Philip/Ethiopian – Acts 8:26,29
- Great Commission – Acts 1:8
He convicts the unbeliever of sin
- This morning’s message – John 16:8-11
He regenerates (saves) the person.
- He cleanses the person from sin and gives them the new nature Titus 3:5
- As He performs this spiritual “new birth,” the person enters “the kingdom of God” (eternal life – John 3:3-7,16
He indwells the person
- Takes us residence – John 14:16-17,23
He seals (eternally secures) the person.
- The presence of the Holy Spirit is the “seal” or guarantee that a person is saved and will remain saved. Eph. 1:13
He fills the person
- To be controlled. Obedient to.
- Jesus was full of the Spirit. Luke 4:1 At the temptation
- We are command to do this.… Eph. 5:18 All the others we are not commanded to DO… THEY ARE DONE.