My sermon notes for Sunday, Oct. 27th as we continue our study through 2 Corinthians. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. To see the sermon each week or subscribe to the weekly sermon podcast please visit http://www.fbcap.net
2 Corinthians 13:11–14
 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.  Greet one another with a holy kiss.  All the saints greet you.
 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. (ESV)
- Paul’s final words to the church.
- Summarizing his intent for writing.
- We see his love for the church. We see his desire for them.
He wanted them to know the fullness of God’s love for them through the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. He wanted them to have a true relationship with God, so that they could have a true relationship with one another… as the true Body of Christ.
If they/we could truly grasp what we have in the GOSPEL, then we could…
Rejoice in who you are in Christ
Find our joy in Christ.
- Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice.
- 1 Thess 5:16 – Rejoice always
- John 15:11 – MY joy in you, YOUR joy made full
- John 16:22 – His joy made full in themselves. (JESUS PRAYING FOR US!)
Joy comes from a deep conviction and understanding of what it means to be a Child of God. Reflecting daily upon His character, attributes, and promises.
- who I am in Christ (NEW CREATION)
- Love of the Father. Adopted into the family of God
- Remembering the continuous sanctifying work of the Spirit.
Finding our joy in who we are in the Lord.
Aim for restoration (Completeness/Maturity)
- Made complete – putting things in order. MATURITY
- Adjusting things that are out of place
- All we need in within us because of WHO IS IN US
Comfort one another
- Be encouraged. Encourage one another. Come alongside.
- Concern and Care for one another. More than just meeting need.
- Listen and trust one another
- The idea of doing life together
Agree with one another
- What can we agree on?
- TRUTH – In the essentials.
- FEELINGS or FACTS
- FEELINGS… I am god. FACTS… HE IS GOD
- Our convictions are important, and we do need to have them.
- THE JOURNEY – we are in this together
- OUR IDENTITY – WE ARE A FAMILY
- TRUTH – In the essentials.
Live in peace
- As we comfort
- As we agree
- We have peace
God’s Peace – And the God of love and peace will be with you
- The blessings of 1,2,3,4
Church unity/Gospel unity – Greet one another with a holy kiss
- Holy kiss – individual
- All the Saints – universal
THE BENEDICTION: THE BLESSING OF REDEMPTION
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ
- His Coming. His Deity. His Mission
The love of God
- Where the love of God was truly manifested
The fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
- Comforter, Helper
- The means to live as THE CHURCH