Resurrection Sunday. A response of Faith
Devotion – v. 1
Worship and Devotion go hand and hand
- They did what they did (had done) because they loved JESUS.
- You do what you do because of whom you love
Trust – vv. 2-7
An angel descends
- Rolls the stone back
- Not to let Jesus out, but to let women see.
They were fearful in obvious uncertainty
- The men were terrorized.
- Yet, the were calmed, because they had trust.
- Trust in the midst of fear… because they knew this was a Word from the Lord.
- Trust is based on relying and leaning on something in the midst of things WAY OUT OF YOUR CONTROL
Joy – v. 8
Fear – astonishment/amazement
An amazement that turns to joy!!!!!
Joy – An overflowing celebration within their heart.
THEY COULD NOT WAIT TO TELL OTHERS.
Worship – v. 9
One cannot help but WORSHIP Jesus once they understood HE WAS ALIVE.
- HE ALONE IS WORTHY!
Hope – 10
Love, Trust, Joy, and Worship are rolled up and manifested by HOPE.
- Come and See and Go and Tell
- Come and See and Go and Live
Think about it…they have hope. Hope because they are not who the used to be…
“Am I really a Christian” By: Mike Mckinley
- They were slaves to sin, but Jesus set them free – Rom. 6:22
- They were dead but Jesus made them alive – Eph. 2:5
- They were lost but Jesus came to seek them out – Luke 19:10
- They were spiritually blind but Jesus caused them to see the truth – 2 Cor. 4:4-6
- They were rebellious children but Jesus has restored them to the Father – Luke 15:11-32
- They were once enemies but now Jesus has made them friends – 2 Cor. 5:18-19