Isaiah 12:1-6 – A People of Praise and Thanksgiving
When I think of Thanksgiving I immediately think of Psalm 100.
Psalm 100  Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness!Come into his presence with singing! Know that the LORD, he is God!It is he who made us, and we are his;we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!  For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations
In the day of David their would be an emphasis on the worship of the Lord, serving the Lord, remaining faithful to the Lord. Yet, in the time of Isaiah the people had turned from God.
Chapter 6 began with the calling of Isaiah and his message of judgement and grace. Chapter 12 brings to close this section. It is a song of praise and thanksgiving for what God will do when the Messiah…
the root of Jesse established His Rule and Reign as Righteous King.
IN THAT DAY. (as used in Chp. 11) There will be 2 songs of praise and thanksgiving. (When all things are made new)
- Verses 1-2 – by each believer
- Verses 3-6 – by the congregation of people
Yet, today we can also give praise and thanksgiving for what WE HAVE IN CHRIST in the ALREADY as we look for to the NOT YET.
My Praise – vv. 1-2
Individually (you in v. 1 – singular)
- My Sins are forgiven. – v. 1
God’s judgment/anger is turned away
- And I have been comforted – v. 1
Acts 3:19–20 –  Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,  that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, (ESV).
- I can trust in Him and not be afraid. – v. 2
 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.  It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones. (ESV)
- For He is my strength and my song – v. 2
MY strength and MY song
- I have a personal relationship with God.
John 1:12–13 –  But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,  who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. (ESV)
I can praise Him today because:
- MY Sins are forgiven
- I Am comforted
- I Can trust and not be afraid
- I Am His and He is mine
Our Praise vv. 3-6
As a body (you in vv. 3-4 is plural)
- With Joy – v. 3
John 15:11. 16:24, 17:13 (all in red…from the lips of Jesus)
John 15:11 – These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. (ESV)
John 16:24 – Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (ESV)
John 17:13 – But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. (ESV)
- That comes from wells of my salvation. – v.3
John 4:13-14 – Water from the well of salvation to refresh the soul.
John 4:13–14 –  Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again,  but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (ESV)
- We can declare Him among all the peoples – v. 4-6
- For all to hear
- For all time
Because of His Glorious Deeds – vv. 4-5
For all that the Lord has done gloriously – v. 5
Our Salvation and Our Sanctification.
- I am afraid we are a church ARE WAITING for God to do something….RATHER we should consider what HE HAS ALREADY DONE.
- We are looking for heaven on Earth, rather that looking at our blessed hope in the ALREADY AND NOT YET.
Because of His Holy Presence – v. 6
- Never leave us nor forsake us. Heb. 13:5
- The gates of hades shall not prevail against us. Matt. 16:18
- The Household of God. The Church of the living God. A pillar and buttress of truth. 1 Tim. 3:15
We can praise Him as God’s People today because:
- The Joy we have
- From the Well of His Salvation
- Because of His mighty Deeds
- Because of His Holy Presence
WE CAN AND SHOULD PRAISE HIM TODAY
FOR WHO I AM AND WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST!