My teaching notes for Wednesday night, Sept. 1st. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the teaching. They are provided to help you follow the sermon as you listen each week. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook at Tabernacle Facebook Page We also provide the services through YouTube later on Wednesday evening at TAB YouTube
 I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel,  so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ.  And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
 Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will.  The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.  The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.  What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.
Yes, and I will rejoice, (ESV)
- Allowing every circumstance in our life to be an opportunity to share the Gospel.
- The Gospel=The good news of redemption found Jesus Christ.
- Believe it. Embrace it. Live it out
- More than just an “A,B,C of getting to heaven.
- It is the message that saves and sanctifies.
- What a great time to advance the Gospel!!!
Proclaim the Gospel -Advancing the Gospel
It is a military term the literally means to penetrate and advance.
Paul’s life was life that was spent advancing the Gospel into the darkness of the day. HIS PASSION AND PURPOSE.
- Our Passion is our Purpose.
The Gospel must be shared v. 13
BY PROCLAMATION – People must hear the Gospel.
- The Story of Redemption
Man is accountable to God
Man has rebelled against God
God provides salvation through the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
Man receives salvation through repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Our character must match our words
- How we respond to life should match our message of eternal life.
It was known throughout the whole palace guard
- His imprisonment was for Christ.
- Because he was there… the Gospel was made known.
All things for the good. Romans 8:28-30
- What is the good?
- Pointing people to Christ
- Growing into the likeness of Christ
With Confidence v. 14
- persuaded by Paul’s confidence that in all of life (circumstances) the Gospel is enough
- They were persuaded by the gospel. His circumstances gave purpose to the message.
With Boldness v. 14
- authority and passion
- When we really believe in something it will come out in our life.
- Without fear. (Who do we fear? What do we fear?)
With Focus – vv. 15-17
- Paul kept his focus on the Gospel.
- Not personalities or people.
- It is easy to “try” and discern motives and judge other people and their ministry.
- It is so easy today to judge other ministries that are preaching the Gospel… they may not do it the way we do it.
- HIS FOCUS WAS THE GOSPEL!