My sermon notes for Sunday morning, Sept 26th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided to help you follow the sermon as you listen each week. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook at Tabernacle Facebook Page We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon at TAB YouTube
1 Chronicles 29:10-19
- Over the next 2 weeks… the importance of our relationships within the body of Christ.
- Today. OUR REALTIONSHIP WITH GOD. OUR WORSHIP OF GOD
- Who is God? How do we view Him? What is He doing?
- The good ole man upstairs…(weather story)
- When we view God right then….
- We view us right
- We view others right
- We view our church right
- We view our purpose and meaning right
- We view or ministry and mission right
- We cannot separate God from the God we see so clearly taught in Scripture
- We do this more than you would think
Articles and Resources on God’s Sovereignty – https://pastorjonbeck.com/2021/09/24/the-greatness-and-glory-of-god/
God – Who He Is – vv.10-12
God is eternal – v. 10
Forever and Ever
- Psalm 90:2 – Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
God is Sovereign – vv. 11-12
Yours, O LORD
- Is the greatness, power, glory, victory, & majesty.
- For all that is in the heavens and the earth are His.
Yours is the kingdom, O LORD
- He is exalted as head above all
- Both riches and honor come from Him
- He rules overall.
- In His hand is power and might
- In His hand it is to make great and give strength
God’s sovereignty speaks of His:
- His Rule and Reign over His creation
- His Authority – His right to rule
- His Possession – He is creator! God rules that which is His.
God and His perfect will
Proverbs 21:1 – The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.
Genesis 50:19–20 – But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?  As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
- God is working behind the scenes
- He is working to accomplish His purpose…GOD HAS A PLAN
He is either God or not.
- What does Scripture clearly teach? (read the Psalms)
He is either God all the time or not.
- Our theology should not be based on convenience.
“God in His love always wills what is best for us. In His wisdom He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about.”
“Prayer assumes the sovereignty of God. If God is not sovereign, we have no assurance that He is able to answer our prayers. Our prayers would become nothing more than wishes. But while God’s sovereignty, along with His wisdom and love, is the foundation of our trust in Him, prayer is the expression of trust.”Jerry Bridges, Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
Our view of God will greatly impact our life for God
His People – How One Should Respond –- vv. 13-19
And know we thank you our God, and bless your glorious name. – v. 13
Living a love of worship and devotion is the natural response to understanding the greatness and glory of God
Servants – v.14
- Received from Him
- Given to Him
Sojourners – v. 15
- Passing though
- Life as a shadow… passing
- Following His will and way
Saints – set apart to worship Him – vv. 16-19
- Our Heart – Who we really are
- New Creation. Born Again.
- Leads to a life of Uprightness
- Results in Joyously worship/giving