My teaching notes for Wednesday night, Oct. 27th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the teaching. They are provided to help you follow the sermon as you listen each week. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook at Tabernacle Facebook Page. We also provide the services through YouTube later on Wednesday evening at TAB YouTube. You can also find our Worship Guides, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer Lists and other resources at our Church Website.
- Paul has encouraged the Philippians believers to be people of unity, humility, and obedience.
- He pointed to Christ as the perfect example of this life
- His life is also a great example to them (poured out as a drink offering)
- Here he points to 2 of their own as examples…lay people. (Not Christ or an apostle… just people serving the Lord and His church)
Timothy – vv.19-24
 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I too may be cheered by news of you.  For I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare.  For they all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.  But you know Timothy’s proven worth, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel.  I hope therefore to send him just as soon as I see how it will go with me,  and I trust in the Lord that shortly I myself will come also.
No one like Him (Different)
- Sincere care for others
- Man of character
- Heart for serving
1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. (ESV)
Set the believers and example
- In Speech – what we believe and share… What we communicate.
- In Conduct – what we do
- In Love – how we react
- In Faith – how we endure
- In Purity – how we worship
Epaphroditus – vv. 25-30
 I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need,  for he has been longing for you all and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill.  Indeed he was ill, near to death. But God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.  I am the more eager to send him, therefore, that you may rejoice at seeing him again, and that I may be less anxious.  So receive him in the Lord with all joy, and honor such men,  for he nearly died for the work of Christ, risking his life to complete what was lacking in your service to me. (ESV)
- Was sent from the church at Philippi to support and encourage Paul.
- Brought with him a care package from the Church (4:18)
- Returned back to Philippi with the letter from Paul.
- part of the body, dedicated to belonging
- Fellow worker. Together. The body
- busy, activity. DOERS OF THE WORD
- disciplined, well trained
- shares, communicates grace and truth
- serves the Lord, serves others