My sermon notes for Wednesday night, May 8th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- In chapter one we saw the relationship that Nehemiah had with the Lord.
- In this passage we see how his trust in the Lord allowed his calling and purpose to come into being.
- Nehemiah has a burden for his people, but to act upon that burden could mean death.
- The key was Nehemiah’s trust in YAHWEH… His trust in God.
He Trusted and Waited – vv. 1-3
It has been 4 months since he received the news of the condition in Jerusalem
- He was seeking and waiting
- Patience and trust
- The idea of calmness
Heb. 6:12, Psalm 46:10
Prayerfully waiting on God’s perfect timing
He Trusted and Acted – vv. 4-8
His waiting… was so that he could act.
- What he did in private allowed him to do what he did in public
HE HAD A BIG ASK
- Let me go
- Bless my vision
- Pay for my vision
Nehemiah had a desire that was embraced by Artaxerxes… but ultimately it was God’s plan and purpose.
- Proverbs 21:1
- His Kingdom come, His will be done. Matt 6:9-13
- Nehemiah knew what God was asking him to do.
- He had a vision and purpose
- He thought through it
- He had a plan to see it through
- He acted upon it
- A big ask