1 Corinthians 10:31
- As we continue our walk through 1 Cor… this week I am doing things differently. I am jumping ahead, but next week will go back
- At VBS we have learned about being Created, Designed, and Empowered.
- Today we can see a great picture of what we have been C, D, & E to do.
- LIVE FOR HIS GLORY
Glory – something that is worthy of praise or exaltation; brilliance; beauty; renown.
- To glorify God is to reflect or display Him as glorious (John Piper)
- Our whole being
- Words – Who we say we are. Our faith
- Actions – How we life. Choices we make
- Character – Moral qualities of our life
- Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever
- Soli Deo Gloria
God’s glory has two aspects
His inherent glory – It belongs to Him because of who He is. If no one where to ever give Him praise, He would still be glorious… He has always been glorious…even before creation.
His ascribed glory – To recognize and acclaim the glory God already has. Psalm 29:1-2
Baptist Faith & Message – 2000 – There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections. God is all powerful and all knowing; and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being
The Basis of a God Glorifying Life
Faith and Trust
- Rom. 4:20-21– Abraham’s life of faith
- John 15:8-9 – Abiding in Him and bearing fruit
- Joshua 7:19-20 – Achan’s confession of sin
- Phil.4:19-20 – Learn to be satisfied
- 1 Peter 4:16 – For Christ
- Psalms 50:23 – As His sacrifices