Pastor Jon’s Personal Info:
Senior Pastor at Tabernacle Baptist Church in Macon, Georgia.
Born: Atlanta, Georgia
- Most of my childhood was spent in Barnesville, Georgia.
Conversion: 12 years old at First Baptist Church in Barnesville, Georgia.
Married: December 1989 to Sharon Ross in Milner, Georgia.
Other than the Lord Jesus Christ, the most important person in my life is Sharon. We have been married since December 9, 1989 and I affectionately call her around the church, MY BELOVED. We met the first day of 9th grade at Lamar County High School in Barnesville, Georgia and she has been chasing me ever since. She has a deep love for God and His word. She is a gifted teacher and communicator and her current mission field is Warner University.
- Sharon teaches English at Warner University in Lake Wales, Florida.
- Sharon’s Education
- North Georgia College & State University
- Southern Seminary – 20+ hours
- Georgia Southern University – 1989
- Sharon’s Ministry
- Ladies Bible Teacher
- Leads Women’s Retreats
- Active in discipleship and biblical counseling. She is a Certified Biblical Counselor with ACBC
Brantley is our oldest son. He is married to Katie and they live in Louisville, Kentucky. They are the proud parents of Georgia Ann, Jonathan Duke, and Eliza June.
Emily, our only daughter, is 2 minutes younger that her twin brother Brantley. Emily is a detective with the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office in Sebring, Florida.
Brice is our youngest son. He is married to Kelsey and they live in Fort Myers, Florida. They are the proud parents of William Bo Beck.
Ordained: First Baptist Church of Covington, Georgia.
- 25 years of Senior Pastor ministry in Georgia, Florida, and Indiana
- Church Plant Catalyst with NAMB in Minnesota
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Currently Pursing Doctoral Degree in Biblical Counseling
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Graduated 2003
- Advanced Master of Divinity – Missions, Evangelism, & Church Growth
- Part of the research team for Dr. Thom Rainer’s book – The Unchurched Next Door
The Baptist College of Florida, Graduated 1998
- Bachelor of Arts – Theology
United States Marine Corps Reserve – Staff Sergeant 1986-1994 (Desert Storm)
- MALS-49, Naval Air Station Atlanta