Growing and Changing in 2015 #2
Setting the right goal
Our Goal is to please Him
2 Cor. 5:9-10 9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
- All the time – wherever we are
- We make it our aim (what you aim for is what you will hit.
- What are we aiming for in life? What is our goal?
- We will all appear before Christ and answer for what we have done with what He has given us.
Our Goal is to glorify Him
I Cor. 10:31-33 – 31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.
- All the time – Whatever we are doing
- All we do should bring honor to God (make God big)
- It is not about me, but about others.
- Knowing Christ – saved
- Growing in Christ – living as a saved person
Our Goal is to live out our calling
Philippians 3:12-16 – 12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
- We are not there yet
- I press on, I strain, I strive
- Forget the past
- I cast a vision for the future
- To answer His call upon my life
- GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES