My sermon notes for Sunday morning, November 18th, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
My desire is to see Tabernacle be a church that truly makes a difference for the Lord. A difference in Macon, Middle Georgia, and beyond. But what will it take? Personally, I think it is going to take all of us being ALL IN. ALL IN on God’s plan for His Church as revealed in Scripture. God has given us a great pattern. Let’s just do what they did!.
Matthew 28:18–20 –  And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (ESV)
Go – With confidence.
- He has all authority. He is Lord. He is sovereign
- We can be all in because…
- He is ALL knowing, powerful, every present.
Make Disciples – Followers of Jesus Christ
- Process, Lifestyle
- Each disciple is making disciples
- Instruction, Example.
Acts 2:42–47 –  And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.  And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.  And all who believed were together and had all things in common.  And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.  And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,  praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (ESV)
Devoted – Passionate and Dedicated
- Continue, steadfastness
- To be earnest towards
- Goal of completion
- Devoted to the Word
- Devoted to one another
- Devoted to prayer
All who believed were together
- All means All
- Were together
Acts 11:19–26 –  Now those who were scattered because of the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except Jews.  But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who on coming to Antioch spoke to the Hellenists also, preaching the Lord Jesus.  And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number who believed turned to the Lord.  The report of this came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch.  When he came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose,  for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.  So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul,  and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians. (ESV)
Preaching the Gospel
- The Gospel
- In a tough setting
Hand of the Lord was with them
- The joy of being in His will
- Experienced His Grace
Remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose
- His whole heart was on this endeavor….Remain true to the Lord.
- HE HAD PURPOSE
- My personal purpose statement
For a whole year
Ephesians 4:11–16 –  And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,  to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,  until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,  so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.  Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,  from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (ESV)
Equip the saints for the work of the ministry
- Make fully ready
- The doing and going of ministry
Mature manhood…fullness of Christ
- Spiritual maturity. Christlikeness
- Progressive sanctification
A built-up body is a maturing body
- Doctrinal stability – v.14
- Speaks the truth in love – v. 15
- Joined and held together. AS ONE – v.16
Our “ALL IN” Core Values
- I love the Lord
- I love living my life for the Lord
- Excited about what God is doing in and through my life
- My Christian life and my Church life is the same life. (Look at the early church)
- Where are we going. Our Vision
- What we do determines where we go. (Why do churches decline?)
- Disciple making mindset.
- Encouraging others to live for Christ (KNOW, GROW, GO)
- Do a few things very well. An attitude of excellence.
- Our ministries
- Our worship services
- Our facilities
- Expectation. Where we set the bar will determine who we become.
- ex. – Happiness goal or Holiness goal. Keeping people happy or encouraging people to be holy.
- Evaluation (Our scorecard is our purpose…disciple making)
- The unchanging truth of God’s Word
- Never comprising the truth
- God blesses obedience.