Pastor Jon’s Personal Info
Senior Pastor at Tabernacle Baptist Church in Macon, Georgia.
Missionary with Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Born: Atlanta, Georgia
- Most of my childhood was spent in Barnesville, Georgia.
Conversion: Came to saving faith at 12 years of age and baptized at First Baptist Church in Barnesville, Georgia.
Married: December 1989 to Sharon Ross in Milner, Georgia.
- Other than the Lord Jesus Christ, the most important person in my life is Sharon. We have been married since 1989 and I affectionately call her around the church, MY BELOVED. We met the first day of 9th grade at Lamar County High School in Barnesville, Georgia and she has been chasing me ever since. She has a deep love for God and His word.
- We have 3 children and 6 grandchildren.
All things Jesus and His Church, all things Sharon, all things the family, and all things sports.
Ordained: First Baptist Church of Covington, Georgia.
- 27+ years of Senior Pastor ministry in Georgia, Florida, and Indiana
- Church Plant Catalyst with NAMB in Minnesota
- 20+ years of coaching experience and involvement with campus and community ministry.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Graduated 2003
- Advanced Master of Divinity
- Part of the research team for Dr. Thom Rainer’s book – The Unchurched Next Door
The Baptist College of Florida, Graduated 1998
- Bachelor of Arts – Theology
United States Marine Corps Reserve – Staff Sergeant 1986-1994 (Desert Storm)
- MALS-49, Naval Air Station Atlanta
Sharon’s Personal Info
Conversion – Came to saving faith at 9 years of age and was baptized at Milner Baptist Church.
- North Georgia College & State University – 2010
- MAT English
- Georgia Southern University – 1989
- Additional Graduate Level Studies
- Liberty University
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ladies Bible Teacher
- Active in discipleship and biblical counseling.
- Certified Biblical Counselor with ACBC
- Current mission field is Middle Georgia State University