Nehemiah 10:1-39 – A Commitment to Change
- The wall is finished.
- Now Nehemiah prepares the people to succeed
- Chapters 8–13 is the preparation of the people
- They are making the commitment necessary to be the people called has called them to be.
We will be a consecrated people– vv. 1-28
- Declared sacred. We are your people
- Nehemiah the Governor to the Temple servants
- Everyone… great and small
- They were all united on how they were to live
- The commitment to LIVE FOR GOD
- I will do this!
We will separate from the world – vv. 28 & 30
- Separated from the peoples of the land
- No inner marriages
- Not allowing the people of the land to pull us away from God
- A HOLY PEOPLE
- Live differently. Striving to be different
We will walk in the truth – v. 29
- walk in God’s Law
- to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord and
- his rules and his statutes.
- God’s Word – The Bible
- Believe and Live out truth
- Seek it out and Live it out
- Living under the authority of God
We will be people of true worship – vv. 31-39
- The sabbath
- Their tithes
- Their offerings
- Their temple
WE WILL NOT NEGLECT THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
A worship that focuses on GOD… and not man.
The understood their responsibility
- The Old Covenant Law/Temple
- The New Covenant – Grace/Jesus
- My Talents
- My Treasures
- As we serve the Lord