Christmas Eve 2021
Isaiah 9:1-7 – FOR UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN
- God’s message of hope for the nation of Israel and mankind
- The already and the not yet (then and into the future)
- Finding our joy and hope in Christ this Christmas
- JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
From Darkness to Light – vv. 1-5
A great light – vv. 1-2
- The remnant for them in the Old Covenant (darkness of captivity)
- Jesus will usher in the New Covenant.
- LIGHT. Goodness, purity, direction
A growing nation – v. 3
- Prosperity. Blessing. Joy
Free from bondage and oppression – v. 4
- OT – Israel
- NT – bondage of sin
Victorious – v. 5
- Peace. Lack of Conflict
- OT – wars
- NT – Peace with God
The Great Light has Come – vv. 6-7
The spiritual doom of 8:22 is dispelled forever by the light of JESUS CHRIST
His Deity – v.6
- Wonderful counselor – wise teacher
- Mighty God – all powerful. Complete control.
- Everlasting Father – Eternal. Personal Care.
- Prince of Peace – Sins forgiven. No separation or conflict.
His rule and reign…No end…Forever – v. 7
- Establish and uphold
- Justice and righteousness
THE ZEAL OF THE LORD WILL DO THIS!
HE DID IT. IT IS DONE
John 8:12 – Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (ESV)
IN CHRIST WE HAVE THE FORGIVENESS. IN CHRIST WE HAVE TRUE HOPE. IN CHRIST WE HAVE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.