- He called the Apostles, now He is modeling ministry, then He will teach the multitude.
- A picture of ministry. He is not speaking. He is demonstrating.
- Tucked in between the calling and the teaching we see Jesus modeling true ministry.
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-21 Remember, we are new creations… ambassadors of Jesus Christ. OUR MINISTRY AND LIFE ARE ONE!
Ministry is about people
Jesus is showing them how to DO THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY
Giving of ourselves for the benefit of others
- Time, Talents, Treasures
- Making ourselves available
- Serving others
John 13:12-14, 1 Peter 4:10, Galatians 5:13-14
The goal is helping others grow in their walk with Christ
- Jesus was an expert on personal discipleship
- A mentoring discipleship
- Pouring our life into others
- SHOWING OTHERS.
- What Christ has done in me
- How I share that with others
- What we SAY and WHAT WE DO
Our circle of influence
A variety of people
- Apostle THEM
- Great multitude (Jews and Gentiles)
Meeting people where they are is key!
Ministry is about the power of the Gospel
Luke 19:10 – Jesus was healing those that came. He came to seek and to save that which is lost.
John 10:10 – He came to give life and give life more abundantly
Today, we do not heal and cast out demons, but we do have the message of LIFE CHANGE
- The Gospel power
- New Creations in Christ
- Sharing the Gospel
- Living out the Gospel
GOAL IS LIFE CHANGE
- Not just a decision
- Not just a baptism
- LIFE CHANGE!
Do you consider your life as a call to ministry?
Who are you “Gospel” pouring your life into?
- As a family
When you do… life takes on a whole new meaning? OUR PURPOSE