My sermon notes for Sunday morning, March 5th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- Matthew 4:19-22, Mark 1:16-20
- Focuses on Christ’s lordship and Peter’s obedience
- Jesus is Lord. He is calling for disciples
The Words of Jesus – vv.1-3
- Notice… the Word of God – v. 1
- Literally… Words from God
- Taught the people – v. 3
- Teach instruct. From a tutor (direct, advise)
The Reception of the Disciples – vv.4-11
Hear – v.4
- Let down your nets for a catch. HIS WORD
Believe – v. 5a
- Master. Authority.
Trust – v. 5b
- By your word I will put down the nets
- They were experienced fisherman
- They caught nothing last night. Worst time of day to fish
Experience (the blessing) – vv.6-7
- A picture of salvation
- A picture of the WORK in the Kingdom
- We can do much more when we H.B.T.D.
- Not by their power, but by God’s.
Worship – v.8
- Depart from me a sinner…Lord
- Sovereign Lordship (over all of creation)
- Notice how he recognizes his sinfulness.
Go (continue to go) – vv.10-11
- Acknowledgement leads to obedience
- Catch men
- Left everything…followed