My sermon notes for Sunday morning, May 28th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- Not judging, yet we are to call fruit what it is.
- We know from Matthew 7:15-20 that Jesus was addressing false prophets. Here it is not mentioned, but it still holds true.
- 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
- A false prophet is not who they say they are…. THEY HAVE BAD FRUIT.
- Judging is based on our heart being critical and bitter… not seeking the best for others.
- HERE… Jesus says we WILL BE KNOWN BY OUR FRUIT.
- Our fruit is our character.
- Our heart indicates the fruit.
- Our hear indicates our character/who we really are
- Character is our CONDUCT and CONVERSATION
- Matthew 3:4-7 – John the Baptist
- Matthew 15:18
The seriousness of the situation
No good bears bad. Nor bad bears good
- A born-again person has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- IF… THEN
- IT is not just believing that there is a Jesus… It is someone that has entered into a personal relationship with Jesus (THIS WHY IT IS CALLED THE GOOD NEWS)
The need for evaluation
Our self and those we have concern for.
2 Corinthians 13:5
1 John 1:5–10
Does no fruit mean no Spirit? Remember, we are not judging… we are just showing discernment (This is evangelism and discipleship).
A Spirit filled believer has:
- Repented of Sin
- Daily taking up the cross…Following after Christ (Love Him, Listen to Him, Live for Him)
- Living a holy life. Life of bearing fruit.
The impact of a changed heart
2 Corinthians 5:17
When our heart gets right, then our life will be right.
We cannot FIX the circumstances of our life.
We may be able to address the bad habits of our life.
We can never produce God honoring fruit until our heart is changed.
ONLY JESUS CAN CHANGE THE HEART.