- Man of God
Reveal the will of God to the People
Receives information – Shares the information
- The receiving dictates and drives the sharing.
- From God to the people
Deliver the information accurately
- Exactly what God had revealed.
- 1 Kings 22:14 – I must speak
- Jer. 20:9 – Could not keep silent.
- Jonah 1:3-4 – Corrected when silent
- 1 Kings 13:15-24 – Judged when disobedient
General flow and message of the prophets
- Warning of impending judgement due to sin
- Not heeding. Not obeying God
- A description of the sin
- A description of the coming judgement
- A call to repentance
- A promise of future deliverance
850-417 B.C. (Years of the prophets)
Nation had been divided.
- Israel – North
- Judah – South
Edom, Ammon (Syria), Moab, Tyre
Assyria, Egypt, Babylon, Persia
To Israel (Fell 722)
To Judah (Fell 586)
To the Jews in Babylon. 70 yrs.