My sermon notes for Sunday morning, March 6th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
1 Cor. 6:9-11  Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,  nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (ESV)
- Do you not know…..Again Paul alludes to the idea that the behavior of those within the church is unacceptable & that it should be obvious.
- Remember… there were divisions in the church.
- When we are not all on the same page, then we have divisions.
- They were a divided people over lifestyles and character issues
- The Unrighteous and The Righteous
- One has blessings from the Lord… one does not.
- One God affirms and empowers
- One God rejects and judges
The Unrighteous – vv. 9-10
Will not inherit the kingdom of God
Matt. 4:17 – “Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
- REPENT…. CHANGE DIRECTION
- Do not be deceived…led away, trickery, YOU ARE OK
- Therefore, our doctrine (what we believe is important)
- WE KNOW WHAT IS THE TRUTH… everything else is a lie
- Both internal and external.
- THE MIND AND HEART PRODUCE THE LIFE.
- Our actions are a symptom
- Head, Heart and Hands
- 1 John 2:19 –They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us.”
- Jesus even said…I am the WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE John 14:6
- They left Christ and His Church
The Righteous – v. 11
AND SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU
- AREN’T YOU GLAD YOU ARE NOT WHO YOU USE TO BE!!!!
1 John 3:9 – No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
- Seed produces, grows.
2 Cor. 5:17 – New Creation
- New…IS NEW
- OLD IS GONE
- I am changed… I CAN CONTINUE TO CHANGE
There has been a SPIRITUAL TRANSFORMATION
- We are washed – a new life
- Titus 3:4-7 – washing of regeneration and renewal of Holy Spirit
- We are sanctified – Set apart. A new behavior
- Set apart in salvation
- Set apart for Christian living
- Eph 2:8-10 – For good works
- Immediately, yet progressively
- We are justified – a new standing
- Not guilty. Forgiven. Clothed with His righteousness.
At regeneration we are made new though repentance and faith.
THE GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPEL
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ & by the Spirit of God.
- Believe on
- Come to Jesus in repentance and faith.
- Trust in
- Live for
- Follow after