My sermon notes for Sunday morning, March 27th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- 7:1-40 is Paul responding to questions about marriage.
- Today, the matter is still crucial.
- What is right? What is pleasing to the Lord?
- What is God’s plan? What does God bless?
- I am afraid there is not much of a difference from the church and our society when it comes to this matter.
- His words then to Corinth need to be heard and embraced today!
- Key verse Matthew 19:1-12
Singleness – vv. 6-9
I wish that all were as I myself am. (Paul was currently single)
- It is s gift (we receive and accept)
- Allows one to focus more intently on the Lord and His Kingdom
- Fewer distractions…. More intentional focus
We should not remain single and live like we are married
We should not remain single out of selfishness or lack of commitment.
- Not viewing singleness as a gift… but just convenience and freedom
Divorce – vv. 10-16
- Before God and others
- Death do us part
- Sexual Immorality
How to prepare for marriage is key
As parents… how do we raise our children?
- Dating is normal. In and out of relationships.
As individuals… who are we dating?
- Should we date anyone we would not marry?
- Do they LOVE AND LIVE FOR THE LORD?
- No one is perfect, but are they bearing fruit worthy of repentance.
Keys to growing in our marriages
- None of us are there yet. (no perfect marriages)
- Work hard (IT IS A MIND SET)
- Deny self and love Jesus (IT IS A HEART ISSUE)
- Allow your church to walk with you
- Reprove, Rebuke, Exhort 2 Timothy 4:2
- Remember the purpose of the church
- Reach out…BUILD UP
- VERY IMPORTANT AS A CHURCH FOR US TO HAVE THIS MINDSET.
- FAMILIES… Encouraging and Equipping families.
- Refocus every season
- Newlyweds, Kids, Older kids, No kids
- Have a short memory
- Forgive, Forgive, Forgive
- 1 John 1:9
- Move on. Look forward.
- Grow where you are now (single or married)
- Encourage others