Q & A with Pastor Jon is a teaching time utilized to answer questions that have been asked over the course of my ministry. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
“The foundation of all true knowledge of God must be a clear mental apprehension of His perfections as revealed in Holy Scripture. An unknown God can neither be trusted, served, nor worshipped.”A. W. Pink
God is a Consuming Fire
- A warning against idolatry Deut 4:23-25
- Wrath and Judgment
- Holiness and Power
- His judgment in relation to His Holiness…THIS IS KEY
God is Omnipotent
Gen. 17:1, Jer. 32:17, Is. 43:13, Amos 9:2-3, Rom. 8:28
- Perfect power
- Perfect control
- Power and control over everything Matt 6:26-30
God is Omniscient
Ps. 139:1-6, Rom. 11:33-36
- God knows everything
- God knows the details of life
- Present and Future
- His knowledge and His authority…He is the ultimate judge
The omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence of God. (The Gospel Coalition)
Truths to consider:
What we believe about God will be demonstrated by the way we live our life.
- How we handle circumstances, adversity, & day to day trials.
- How we handle and cultivate relationships inside and outside the body of Christ.
What we believe about God will be demonstrated by the way the Church…
- Reaches out with the Gospel
- Disciples and encourages within the body
- Assembles for worship
Our life should point people to the greatness of God. We must point people to the God of the Bible.