My sermon notes for Sunday morning, Oct 3rd. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided to help you follow the sermon as you listen each week. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook at Tabernacle Facebook Page We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon at TAB YouTube
1 Peter 4:7-11
7 The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.
8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.9Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.
10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- We are focusing on our relationships
- Last week – GOD – Our Worship
- This week – OTHERS – Our Ministry (as we worship God)
- Each believer has a purpose.
- Worship God
- Live a life that glorifies God
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS…FOR THE GLORY OF GOD
- Some of us are so busy doing the good things we forget the best thing.
- I have learned and am learning that when I keep my focus on the best thing, then the good things have more meaning.
Consider Your Life – v. 7
Do I live as if Jesus Christ is Lord of my Life?
Do I live as if I understand my purpose in life?
Do I live as if I long for His return?
The end of all things is at hand
- Timeline of redemptive history.
- The return of the Lord is next.
- IS AT HAND – TODAY
- Sound judgment
- Spiritually alert
Believe right – Live right
For the sake or your prayers
- My relationship with God
- Which impacts my life
- My decisions, leadership, purpose
Treat others as Christ has treated you – vv. 8-9
Above ALL keep loving others earnestly
- Pre-eminent love
- Continuing love
- Forgiving love
- Unconditional love
Ephesians 4:32-5:2 –  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.  Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.  And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (ESV)
Love covers a multitude of sins
- Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. (ESV)
Show Hospitality without Grumbling
- Doing good for others at our expense.
- Time, Talents or Treasures
- Grumbling – Muttering under our breath
- Opposite of cheerfulness
Focus on giving rather than receiving – vv. 10-11
- God has given to us. We are responsible
- Each unique gifted… BY GOD
- Preaching and Teaching
- Acts of service.
IN EVERYTHING WE SAY AND DO… GOD MAY BE GLORIFIED (last week)