My Bible study notes for Wednesday night, Aug 9th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- The importance of healthy church growth
- Every true believer is a disciple.
- Every true disciple is a discple maker.
- Why D-Life is so important
The Model of the Early Church
(If it was good enough for them, it should be good enough for us)
19 Now those who were scattered because of the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except Jews. 20 But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who on coming to Antioch spoke to the Hellenists also, preaching the Lord Jesus. 21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number who believed turned to the Lord. 22 The report of this came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23 When he came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose, 24 for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.25 So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.
- Sharing the Gospel
- Experiencing the grace of God
- Exhorting and encouraging to remain faithful to the Lord
- Investing in the lives of one another
Our Church/Discipleship Strategy
(As we fulfill Matthew 28:18-20 & Acts 11:19-26)
- Develop relationships with those that God has brought into your life at work, school, and in your neighborhood. Trust God to put people in your path. Get to know others and see what is happening in their life.
Share the Gospel
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those you encounter. Share with them the hope that is within you. Ask questions and provide the answers. Point others to Jesus.
Bring into the Church Family
- Invite people to church with you each week. Begin to communicate the importance of belonging to a church family. Have an attitude of excitement and expectation about what God is doing in your church, I promise it will become contagious.
Encourage Spiritual Growth
- Discipline yourself for the purpose of Godliness. Develop a desire to grow in your knowledge and application of the Bible. Encourage others to grow in their daily walk with Christ. Become a disciple that makes disciples.
Develop Servant Leaders
- Mentor others in ministry. As you serve the Lord and His church, invite others to walk alongside you. Become a Barnabas.