My sermon notes for Sunday morning, Aug 13th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- Jesus demonstrating His authority over Satan
- A lesson in Spiritual Warfare
- The Gospel is enough to overcome SATAN
Demons are fallen angels. They followed Satan at his rebellion
- Matthew 10:1
- Ephesians 6:12
They do the work of Satan
- 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
- They are intelligent
- They are powerful
BUT THEY HAVE BEEN DEFEATED, YET WE ARE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE.
- SATAN IS ON A CHAIN…UNTIL THROWN INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.
- Jesus disarmed him – Colossians 2:15
We are delivered from the dominion of Satan, but still in a battle.
- Ephesians 6:12 – not against flesh and blood
- 1 Peter 5:8 – Seeking to devour
Once set free… “And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.”
WE HAVE BEEN SET FREE!!!!!
Focus on what we have in Christ not on the Devil.
- Ephesians 6:10 – Be strong in the Lord
GOAL IS NOT TO ATTACK AND DEFEAT HIM. Rather, we withstand the attacks of Satan.
- I have no control over what he is doing.
- I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER WHAT I DO WHEN TEMPTATION COMES
- In the Garden…twisting what God has said.
- He did in to ask Eve to deny God, but twisted what he said.
THE KEY TO SPIRITUAL WARFARE IS SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
- Romans 12:1
- Ephesians 6:10-20