John 20:19–23 - On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”
- Easter Sunday is so much more than an empty tomb
- It is what that empty tomb accomplished
- The resurrection is everything
- Validates all that Jesus has said
- He is the Messiah. He is God
- From Old to New
- Provides us our Power, Purpose and Hope 1 Cor. 15:1-58
- We must listen to the Words of Jesus… HE IS SENDING YOU.
- The Apostle John lays it out perfectly. (His life was a perfect example) HOW TO GO. HOW TO GO AND LIVE FOR JESUS.
Respond to the Gospel
John 5:24 – Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 20:30–31 30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
- With the intent to obey
- Trust in the ability of
- Conversion (Head, Heart, Life)
Keep the Word
1 John 2:3-6 – 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
- Watch closely. Guarding a prisoner
- Desire to please. Obedience is based on understanding.
- FOLLOW JESUS. FOLLOW THE WORD.
- LOVE, READ, MEDITATE
- LIVING OUT THE GOSPEL!
Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
Psalm119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
1 John 3:16-18 – 16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 17 But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
- OTHERS, OTHERS, OTHERS,
- His love toward us
- Our love toward others
- If we receive
- We should give
Daily Walk in Fellowship with Him
1 John 5:13-15 – 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
- In our personal relationship
- Me in Christ – 2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 8:1
- Christ in Me – Colossians 1:27, Galatians 2:20
- Steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58