My sermon notes for Sunday morning, June 11th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- He just finished the Sermon
- The meaning of real faith
- The centurions was a man of amazing faith
- The authority of Jesus Christ
- He can heal with a word and from a distance
- Ministry outside the Jewish community
Centurion was leader of 100 men. Stationed in Capernaum.
He loved those he ruled – v. 2
- His servant was sick (valued his servant)A beloved guest at a banquet.
- Person of authority loves those he leads.
He was loved by others – vv. 4-5
- Elders pleaded “He is worthy”
He was humble – v. 6
- I am not worthy
He was hopeless
- Not in his strength nor might.
Acknowledged Jesus as Lord – v. 6
Trusted in His word – v. 7
- Say the Word
Jesus went – v. 6
- Notice, the centurion did not come. Jesus went.
- He came to seek and save – Luke 19:10
- Give life more abundantly – John 10:10
Jesus was amazed – v. 9
- Because of the man’s faith
- He was not surprised, He was pointing out the amazement of the GENTILE’S faith
- The faith of a Gentile, yet rejected by His own
Jesus healed – v. 10
- The power of the Word
- Heals, Restores, Gives life
Do we have the same faith today?
Do we believe that only Jesus can make things right?
Do we truly trust in the compassion and authority of Christ?
Do we share this hope of Christ to others?