My Bible study notes for Wednesday night, June 7th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
The hearts of the people – vv. 1-5
God had given them their land. It was theirs as long as they trusted in and followed after Him.
- Greed. Lack of contentment. Materialism. Covetousness.
- He leased it to them
- Sabbatical year. Year of Jubilee.
- Leviticus 25:2;25,28
- Privilege brings responsibility and responsibility brings accountability. (Warren Wiersbe)
The wealthy wanted more wealth
- More prosperity over more holiness
- Finding our joy and contentment in our current walk with God
- Matthew 6:33
God will take them from His land and give it to someone else.
- IT IS HIS
- ALL OF CREATION IS HIS
- Colossians 1:15-20
The worship of the people– vv. 6-11
- The message of the false prophets
- Should be in Spirit and truth. John 4:23
- Reverence and Godly fear. Hebrews 12:28
- The people were rejecting the Word of God from true prophets
- They would not hear the truth.
- Do not hear, because you are not of God. John 8:47
- If the message is wrong
- The reception is wrong
- Our TRUE RELATIONSHIP with God will be wrong
God gave them the land so they could enter REST. But, they turned their back on God. Therefore, judgment is coming.
- Land taken
- People defiled (Mixed with the world)
- Deuteronomy 12:8-12. Joshua 22:4-6