My sermon notes for Wednesday night, Aug 10th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- Remember….Opposition is out there.
- From the outside and from the inside
- This passage… opposition toward the leadership.
- The devil will focus on the leaders of the home and the church
- We see the opposition and we see the way to overcome.
The Strategy of the Enemy
Entering into False Alliances– vv. 1-4
- Joining with the enemy
- Come together… unity, but at what cost
- Ultimate end was the harm of Nehemiah
Believing the Lies and Threats – vv. 5-9
- Lies, False charges
- Stirring up fear
Compromising truth – vv. 10-15
- Prophet from within
- Hid in the temple
- Trust me…disobey the Word of God
Same tactics for us today
- Spiritual and Moral compromise
- 1 Cor. 10:12 – Take heed lest he fall.
The Strategy of the Leader
Nehemiah shows great discernment and courage. How? What was so unique about Nehemiah that allowed Him to stand fast?
He was a man of devotion and prayer – vv. 9 & 14
- Seeking God
- Trusting the God
- Obeying God
- ENJOYING OUR WALK WITH GOD MORE THAT WE LIKE LEADING!!!!
He stayed the course with his mission
- What he was there for
- Stay focused on the most important
- Knew His purpose
He trusted God
- God’s care, provision, and rule over His people (over all creation)
- He knew God had called Him
- Go to the city and build the wall
- What God has started… God would compete
- Easy to trust when things go well….
- Verse 11 – Should such a man as I run away?