Nehemiah 7:1-73 – “Almost Finished”
My sermon notes for Wednesday night, Aug 17th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Wednesday at 6:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- The wall is finished, but Nehemiah is not
- The wall was just part of getting the city in place
- Nehemiah is thinking about the future
- The wall and the people of the city
- Nehemiah had a plan to Finish what he had started
Shared the responsibility – vv. 1-2; 6-69
Let others lead – vv.1-2
- Delegation – Established leadership
- Faithful to God and Feared God
- Hanani and Hananiah (Civil and Military)
- Gate keepers/guards – who comes and goes
Numbered the people – vv. 6-69
PEOPLE MATTER TO GOD. The NATION of Israel. The CHURCH as the body of Christ.
- God’s faithfulness to His promises
- He will restore!
Developed a Strategy to Succeed – vv. 3-4
Provided clear instruction to succeed
- Clear instruction
- When to open the Gates
- How to protect the city
Remember, he built the walls to protect the city. (HIS PLAN AND PURPOSE DID NOT STOP WITH THE WALLS…. BIG PICTURE LEADERSHIP)
Continued to Grow in His own life – v. 5
God put in my heart
- Daily walk with the Lord
- Fresh walk!
- Progressive Sanctification
- Always maturing in our faith
Prioritized the Worship of God – vv. 70-73
- Monies for the Temple
- Nehemiah 1:8-11 – He knew God would honor their worship and obedience
- Forgive and restore