This Sunday I will begin preaching through the book of 1 Corinthians. I have provided a few tidbits and articles that will give you a clearer understanding of the book as we begin this Sunday.
- Paul wrote the letter from Ephesus around A.D. 55 as he was finishing up his 3rd missionary journey.
- Paul wrote 4 letters to the church in Corinth. 1 Cor. is the 2nd of those letters. In God’s providence 2 of the 4 letters are canonized as Scripture.
- Paul first ministered in Corinth on his 2nd missionary journey in A.D. 50. This is when he met Aquila and Priscilla. (Acts 18)
- Corinth was a large and prominent city in Southern Greece.
- Paul addresses several “issues” that have been brought to his attention. His desire is for the church to be unified for the sake of the Gospel.
My heart over the next weeks is for Tabernacle to continue to love the Word as we allow the Spirit to encourage and convict us as we walk verse by verse through this book.
Join with me in praying each week that we will listen to and learn from the Word each message. Pray that we will examine our own heart as we strive to be the Church God is calling us to be.
Take the time to read over the articles below and DIG a little DEEPER into God’s Word.