My sermon notes for Sunday morning, April 16th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- From controversy to teaching
- Tucked in between is the calling of the Apostles
- Why? God is establishing His Kingdom Plan
- Appointed, Sent, With a message. With His authority
- This is a great word for us today. We have the same mission
- Perfect timing considering our weekend! DLIFE
The Importance of Prayer – v. 12
- Luke 4:42
- Luke 5:16
In these days
- He knew His journey (to the cross)
All night He continued
Called, Appointed and Sent – v. 13a
- Saved person learning to live under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Listen, Learn, Invest, Influence, and Impact
- We have the listening and learning down… how about going and living?
Called and Sent
- Called out. From… To
Luke 5:1-11, Matthew 4:18-25
- Immediately, Purposefully
With Divine Authority – v. 13b
Apostles – one sent with authority
- They could never fail because God called sent
Revelation 21:14 – The Apostles name upon the foundation of the city.
- 12 Tribes – 12 Apostles
Utilizing Ordinary People – vv. 14-16
Not highly educated, not politically connected, nothing special… willing to FOLLOW JESUS
- Fishermen, Tax Collector, Zealot
What set them apart:
- Faithfulness, Willingness, Obedience
- The Gospel, The Good News of the Kingdom
- The Words of God
- God’s appointment
- Ephesians 2:20 – Build upon their foundation.
The Go and Do
- We do not have a need for Apostles (because we have the Word), but we still have the Great Commission to fulfill. Matthew 28:18-20
- We have been appointed, anointed, and sent
- Are we true followers of Christ? A follower is moving after. We are in the process of something… FOLLOWING JESUS
- Are we engaged in the mission… or are we just listening to the message?