My sermon notes for Sunday morning, Sept 17th. Remember, these are my personal study notes and not a manuscript of the sermon. They are provided as an outline each week for our Tabernacle Church family. The church provides a live stream of the service each Sunday at 10:30 on Facebook. We also provide the services through YouTube by Sunday afternoon. You can find Sermon Notes, Family Devotional Guides, Prayer List, and other resources at our Church Website.
- Previous… Peter professes who Christ is
- Now, Jesus is sharing the cost of believing it and living this life out (totally and faithfully)
- Jesus’ mission becomes our mission
- Discipleship is followship
- Discipleship requires a cross
- Two Crosses
IF anyone would come after me… DISCIPLESHIP
- We were dead, but now are alive.
- The life of a Chrisitan should be radically different than the unconverted.
- We say we believe in the Gospel, have accepted the Gospel, what about LIVING OUT THE GOSPEL.
THE CHARACTERISTICS-v. 23
- Me, Me, Me
- The wrong – I need, I desire, I am due, I am owed
- The right – I find my hope/passion in HIM THROUGH ME
- Me nothing. Him everything
- How is it working with me in charge?
- Allow Him to be who He is… in our life
- We can only have one master in life….HE IS SAVIOR AND LORD!
- Proverb 3:5-6
Take up the Cross
- EMBRACE your purpose
- Vision, Passion, Determination
- SEEK God’s will (Listen to and trust in God’s Word)
- Matthew 6:33; 1 Chronicles 16:11
- The Spirit of God and the Word of God
- LEARN to handle adversity
- Setbacks and Suffering
- LIVE for His Glory
- Live in His presence Psalm 16:11
- No glory without the cross.
Galatians 2:20 – Crucified with Christ
Galatians 5:24 – Crucified the flesh and its passions
Follow after Him
- Love, Listen, and Do
THE BLESSINGS – v. 24
WHOEVER…Gain or loss
Lose – the satisfactions of this world
Gain – The satisfaction of being in the presence of JESUS
THE JUDGMENT – vv. 25-26
Gains the whole world
- Everything this life has to offer (Christless life)
- Ambitions, achievements, pleasures
Ashamed of me
- Jesus the ultimate and eternal judge
- Those that DO NOT deny self, take up the cross, and follow Him